Thursday, April 9, 2009

When? When? When?

I went to see my doctor again yesterday. I am getting down to the nitty gritty now. 8 days is what my ticker says. We'll see. I'm beginning to think that his assessment last week (that I'm going to have to be induced) is going to be correct. He checked me. No change. Nothing. Nada. Zip. I haven't had contractions...that I know of. Actually, I can't tell. Is that stupid? Yes. I always thought I would just know if I was having contractions. But lately, I've been second guessing myself. Chloe had moved down, but at times the very top of my bump gets really tight. I thought it was just Chloe snuggling up to my ribs, but I'm wondering if it's contractions. They aren't consistent so it's not like I'm in labor and don't know it. They don't hurt. It's just tightness at the top of my stomach. I asked my Mom what she thought and she thinks it's just Chloe moving around still. I trust her judgement since she has had four kids. Maybe I'm just wanting some kind of progress so badly that I'm making up reasons to think I am progressing. Okay, enough about my insecurities. Moving on. My blood pressure was high again. 146/90 this time. My OB isn't concerned about it at this point, but we're keeping an eye on it. No protein in my urine still which is good. Weight gain is non-existent for some unknown reason. I actually lost a pound some how. With all of the ice cream I've been eating, this is very surprising to me. Again, Doc isn't concerned about it. I just find it odd that my last three appointments, my weight has been the same and now I've lost a pound.

The greatest thing about my appointment yesterday was that I was in the exam room on time. My OB came in and started the appointment. A couple minutes after he came in, his nurse came in and told him he had a phone call. So he leaves the room and his nurse comes back. He had to go catch a baby....in the middle of my appointment! HA! About 30 minutes later, he gets back. I was amazed at how fast it was! He told me that he loves births like that because the mother was in minimal pain and it went quickly. He was beaming. I just loved how I got to see that side of him. I've always liked him as my doctor and I look up to him for advice about my medical side, but now I see how human he is and how much he loves what he does. I loved it when I saw that side of Obi-Wan Kenobe (my infertility doctor) and it's just as nice to see that side of my OB (whom I never did give a really great nickname to).

I had convinced myself that April 9th was going to be the day and April 9th is almost gone so I guess I was wrong. Humph. Here is a list of the reasons why I decided this:

1. It's the full moon tonight.
2. We have plans Friday evening to go to a baseball game.
3. My Mom and Dad went out of town to see my Aunt.
4. It's my nephews birthday
5. My doctor is out of town this weekend.

I guess Murphy's law only goes into effect when you aren't ready for it.
Create doll makers and dress up dolls with dollmakerscript.com

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Hey, at least it's better than him telling you that he knows you will go at any time...like he did me...and then still end up being induced! I definitely know how you feel though. Isn't it amazing to see the doc like that. Since I pretty much moved into the office, I got to know this side of him as well. He is an amazing doc. Can't believe I almost switched docs.

Carrie said...

My pregnancy brain isn't allowing me to remember the why behind it, but at our labor/delivery class this week, the instructor mentioned that weight loss toward the end of pregnancy can be normal. I found this very strange and again I can't remember why she said it happens, but there you go. :) Perhaps Dr. Google can shed some light.

Melissa said...

So since we just got an e-mail about some baseball tickets that are now open I'm guessing that can only mean one thing???????????