Thursday, April 9, 2009

TP Thursday and a New One

I am 38 weeks 6 days and 11 TP squares around.

I have noticed that some of my blog-o-friends do a post every Thursday entitled TMI Thursday. For those of you who aren't up with the times, TMI means Too Much Information. Well, this sounds like a ton of fun, but it took me a while to decide if I wanted to participate because my family *gasp* reads my blog. I finally decided that it is just too fun to miss out on even though I may do this one and never do another because I'm going to be tied up for the next 18 years or so.

First, I have to put a disclaimer. If you are a male, you may not want to read on. If you are a female who would be completely grossed out by....gross stuff, you may not want to read on. Really, this story is the most embarrasing story that I have. I am having to dig down into the recesses of my mothball encrusted brain to even bring this out because I have buried it so deeply.

The summer between Russ' 1st and 2nd years of school, we traveled extensively. One of our trips was to worship and visit with a wonderful little church that was helping us out financially. We were invited to stay with the preacher and his wife for a weekend and we accepted. At this time, we had been trying to get pregnant for two years and I had unfortunately started my period at the beginning of that trip. I was distraught and hormonal on the trip up there. So, we get to this couple's house and they have two dogs. One of the dogs' names was Rascal. Can you see where this is going? No where good, huh. When we first got there, we were immediately drawn to Preacher and his Wife. They were our type of couple. We loved hanging out with them and they were very gracious hosts. They took us around the town and took us to see the capital on Saturday and we ended at their home playing games. During one of the games Wife says "Rascal! What do you have!?!?" I look down to see, to my utter horror, that Rascal had drug out one of my used (YES! USED!) pads from a trashcan and was proceeding to tear it to shreds with his teeth. Wife was one step ahead of me and realized a second before I did what was going on. She jumped up and scooped the whole disgusting mess into her BARE hands and disposed of it. I was mortified. If I could have sunk into the earth and died, I would have. Wife was so great about the situation. She just calmly went and washed her hands and closed the bathroom door so Rascal couldn't get in there. During this whole embarrassing episode, Preacher and Russ were blissfully ignorant to what was going on....or they acted like it. I don't think my face had ever been or will ever be that red again.
Create doll makers and dress up dolls with dollmakerscript.com

4 comments:

Misty Dawn said...

LOL what is it with dogs and gross stuff?!?!?

Miss Tori said...

OMG, I would have been mortified too! Bravo to Wife for taking care of things so calmly and nonchalantly.

Christina said...

That's a good TMI story. I would have been mortified!

Ang said...

OH that is tooooooooooo funny!!!!! I hope these last few days go quickly for you. Remember my birthday is the 18th.so that's a good day or 'my' Chloe's is on Monday the 13th..you can choose either..I'll be happy :) ((hugs))