Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Baby Development

Do you all get annoyed with mothers who think their child is developing faster than average? I used to until I met little Chloe. Caution: I'm so going to brag on my baby girl in this post and you may need to throw up if you continue reading. Don't say I didn't warn you.

1. She smiles. No, really, she does. She has been smiling since a she was a few days old and I just chalked it up to her finding her facial muscles. I didn't really think she knew what she was doing....until Sunday. I was pinching her little cheeks and cooing at her and she was looking straight at me and started grinning. Grinning! It was too perfect for her not to have know what she was doing. And it was extremely adorable but I'm biased.

2. She can see. Newborns eyes aren't supposed to be developed enough to follow objects. Her little eyes can follow things, mostly Russ and I, and she can focus on certain things. This one I'm not so sure about, but it just seems that way.

3. She has almost full neck mobility. One of the first things my parents and sister commented on when they met Chloe is her neck movement. She needs little help holding her head up and it has been this way since she was born. She also can turn her head without help. I think it's because her head is so small that she didn't need as much muscle development to be able to use her neck.

4. This is the last one. I promise! She can turn over. Not completely over onto her belly, but when I put her down to nap in her pack-n-play, I always put her on her back. She doesn't like to sleep on her back and when I go to check on her, she is always on her side. Plus she'll be on her right side one time and she'll be on her left side the next.

Maybe I'm just silly and these things aren't that unusual, but I was not expecting this so soon. My baby is growing so fast. I'm going to go have myself a good cry now.
Create doll makers and dress up dolls with dollmakerscript.com

4 comments:

Chelley N said...

With the neck thing, Christie's baby Callie had about the same neck mobility at Chloe's age. I agree that it is b/c their heads are so small. Watch out, Callie crawled at 4 months and walked at 8!

Ang said...

Oh you go ahead and brag!! You earned the right...You will be so glad one day that you have all this documented for her. She is just beautiful! Must have something to do with her name being Chloe:)

Melissa said...

You brag all you want! Trust me, you will want to have everything down that you can because it goes by way to fast. I wish I had written more when the girls were wee ones. I don't get annoyed at what you wrote, I get annoyed when someone asks if they are doing such and such, you say yes since she was this old, and the person chimes back, well mine did it at this age (which is always much younger) with that haha my child is better & smarter attitude.

Please kept updating on her developments without feeling like you are being annoying!

Anonymous said...

Chloe is just like her Grampy!!!