Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Learning to Sew

When my sister and I were little, my Mother taught us how to do different types of needlework. We started off learning to embroidery. While looking through my box of baby stuff the other day, I came across this tea towell that I had made when I was small.

When I pulled it out of the box, the memories of learning to sew came flooding back into my mind. The particular tea towell is the one I learned to sew on. I remember sitting in the living room with my Mother and sister one evening dedicated to my sewing project. I really took to sewing and still love to make things to this day. I don't do embroidery as much, but I do still enjoy it. Anyway, I was sewing along (I believe it was on the bunny rabbit) and I lift up my tea towell and to my surprise I had sewn the thing to my jean skirt! How I did that I will never know, but it sure made for a fond memory....and a fun blog post!

Create doll makers and dress up dolls with dollmakerscript.com

1 comment:

Chelley N said...

Haha... I remember that! You're right, the bunny rabbit was the culprit! You were pretty upset about the whole thing, then I laughed at you and then you were mad at me :-)