Thursday, April 2, 2009

Busy, busy, busy

A lot has been going on this week! First, though, it's TP Thursday! YEA!

I am 37 weeks 6 days pregnant and 11 TP squares round.

Also, I saw my OB again today. I'm still closed up tight. His professional opinion is that I'm going to go over my due date and he is going to have to "evict" the child. Seriously, he said "evict." My blood pressure was high today at 148/88. If you've kept up with my blog since my infertility days, this isn't that unusual for me. I'm surprised I've been able to keep it under control this long. Doc isn't worried about it yet, though. We'll wait and see what it is next week. My urine is still protein free so I'll just keep drinking the water like I have been. I do think that the amount of water I drink is adding to my swelling issues. My feet seriously look like sausages and I no longer have ankle bones. What makes me think that it's water weight is that I drink over 100 ounces of water per day, but don't urinate much out. Or at least I don't seem too. Maybe my perception is off, though. I have not gained any weight the last three appointments. It's so odd how much I watched my weight durng most of this pregnancy and I worked out. Well, now I have stopped working out and haven't even taken a walk in a week, I've stopped watching what I eat and I haven't gained anything in three weeks. Oh well, I guess my body is just funny.

Russ and I attended the Infant CPR class on Tuesday evening. I really enjoyed it and it was so informative. There was a lot of information about car seats that I was so glad to get. I had been wondering about LATCH vs. seat belts and what the safest seat was for the baby and this course addressed both issues. I did go ahead and reinstall the base with the LATCH system. I had installed it with both, but that is apparently a no-no. I was going to research the issue before using it like that, but hadn't gotten around to it before the class. Anyway, I ended up actually sitting on the base and squishing it into the seat to get it as snug as it needed to be. I just didn't have the strength to do it without my whole body. I also switched it to the middle seat instead of the seat behind shotgun. I just hope Russ' long legs have a little room to drive...though, it's not looking so good. The CPR part of the course was also great. I'm glad I know how to do it, but I hope to never ever have to use the knowledge. Even doing CPR on the weird silver alien babies was a bit much. Surreal.

That's it for now. I'll do my normal bump watch post tomorrow evening after work. For now I leave you with this funny story.

Scene: Russ and I in bed trying to go to sleep. I had my frigid feet on his very warm legs trying to get them to thaw out.

Russ: "Your socks are really itchy."

Me: "....I'm not wearing any socks...."

I haven't been able to reach my feet comfortably to give myself a pedicure lately, but, by golly, I sure found a way after that comment!
Create doll makers and dress up dolls with dollmakerscript.com

4 comments:

Chelley N said...

AHAHAHA!!! Russ! I can't believe you said that! I think he OWES you a pedi after that comment!

Kriss said...

Lisa, I can't believe you are down to 14 days! So exciting! I will pray for you to have an easy and safe delivery for both you and Chloe.

Christina said...

I wonder what the deal is with car seats not being made to fit in normal people's cars??? I guess we all need to be rich and drive huge SUVS!

That's too funny about your "socks"!

Ang said...

OH that story is too funny!!! Just take care of yourself this next little bit..I can't wait to see pictures of another little "Chloe"...ha You look beautiful as God intended for a pregnant woman to look. What a miracle He has formed inside of you!! Makes me tear up thinking about it!!! (hugs)