Saturday, April 4, 2009

Bump Watch - 38 Weeks

Sorry this post is late. Our internet was down yesterday and this morning. Well, as you can see, I'm getting bigger. I'm doing good, though. I'm still swelling a little and my blood pressure is a bit high, but other than that, no complaints...and those aren't really complaints, more observations. Chloe has dropped this past week. I thought she had and then my Mom said something about it Monday and then a few of the girls at work have made comments about it. It's exciting that there is progress being made and she is obviously getting ready to vacate the premise. The oddest symptom I'm having right now is numbness on my tummy. It's just a small patch (about the size of a baseball) at the top of my bump. It's an odd sensation. It isn't numb all the time, just here and there.

I went to a book store last night and bought the book "Baby-Wise". It was recommended to me by a few people and I decided I could get that for some reading material while I oh-so-patiently wait for these last couple of weeks to pass. Russ and I attended our last lamaze class today. I really enjoyed the classes. They were informative and I'm glad to go into this process feeling a little more prepared for what is to come...as prepared as one who has never done this can be anyway. I have my breastfeeding class Tuesday evening and then we have tickets to a baseball game on Friday. After that we just wait.

Weight gain: 23 pounds.

That's all for now. I'm going to go take a nap. It was a long week with work being super busy and with all the other evening activities we have had. I hope you all are doing great and as always, thank you for reading about my life.
Create doll makers and dress up dolls with dollmakerscript.com

5 comments:

Thomas said...

Hi, and congratulations on your baby! I've been following your blog silently for a few months and am so excited for you! I saw that you are planning to breastfeed and that is great--it was absolutely the single best decision we made for our son (born after years of IF). Just wanted to let you know that sometimes the BabyWise theory doesn't lend itself very well to breastfeeding because feeding only on schedule can interfere with establishing your milk supply. Follow your instinct and you will do great!! Again, congratulations!

Kriss said...

You should be so proud to have only gained 23 pounds!! That weight is going to come of so fast once you deliver! Good job Lisa!!!!

Jen said...

Wow!!! I can't believe that you are almost there and that it is just about time for you to meet your little girl!

Hollie said...

Ohhhh!!!!! You are so cute! And I'm so excited for you. This little girl is coming soon.... Maybe this week? Can't wait to hear about it!! Do you mobile blog?? Want to know asap bout that precious baby girl. I delivered at 38 weeks 2 days......

The Vincents said...

I have heard about Baby Wise, and I know some parents who have used the philosophy to raise their own children. It sounds like it's about treating your child as if they are a member of the family rather than the center of it-- your job is to teach them how to find their role. I have not read it myself, but I can tell you that every child I have known who is parented like this is well-behaved and polite. I hope that you enjoy it.

I am excited that you are almost there!!!