I had a few questions left so I thought I would go ahead and answer them.
Q. Do you want to pass on your secret?
A. Of course! If I can help anyone, I want to whether it be about weight loss and what worked for me or anything else.
*Disclaimer* These are the changes and habits that worked for ME and may or may not work for you and your situation.
- My first secret is determination. This is a difficult thing for someone like me who doesn't have determination in high doses. The only things I am really determined in are my Christianity, my marriage, infertility treatments and weight loss. But determination has got me this far and I am determined to never go back to what I was.
- My second secret is exercise. Without my daily walks, I would have been so successful. Plus, not only has it helped my weight, it has also helped my blood pressure, overall physical health and my mental health. I wouldn't be able to deal with many of the things in my life nearly as well without my thought-provoking walks. Some people think in the shower, I think on my walks.
- Third: I have been on Slim Fast since October of 2007. I know that many of you are thinking that I am crazy now. I actually crave my Slim Fast, though. I have one for breakfast and one for lunch. If I get hungry in between, I have a snack. I eat what I want in the evening (within reason, I don't pig out). Also, I only drink the regular (not the Optima), chocolate flavored Slim Fast. I can't stand the other flavors. Yes, it tastes like a liquid vitamin, but I've grown accustomed to it and I love it now.
- Fourth: I have cut out many drinks and foods that can be unhealthy. I don't drink any kind of soda EVER. Actually, to be more precise, I don't drink anything besides water and Slim Fast. I don't eat or drink anything with phenylalanines (basically fake sugar) in it. I don't eat red meat (more for my blood pressure than my weight).
- Fifth: I get rid of clothing that is too big for me. I donate all my discarded clothing items to charity. Not only are you helping yourself by taking away excuses you may want to fall back on, but you are also helping others that may need the clothing.
- Last but definitely not least: I eat sweets. I don't deprive myself of foods. I eat them in moderation and I usually like to take an extra 10 or 15 minutes more to walk on a particularly sweet day. I love skittles and have them at least once a week. And if I want a brownie, I have a brownie. I had one this evening and it was delectable.
Q. How tall are you?
A. I'm 5'9 and holding. This is the other half of what my BMI is measure from: weight and height.
The last part of this blog is my comments back to you about your posts.
First, thank you all so much for posting a comment on my blog. I feel blessed to have so many readers and supporters!
Nikki, thanks for the comment about "doing it the healthy way." You're spot on about that! My goal was to lose slowly and in a completely healthy way. I didn't want to start infertility treatments having lost 70 pounds in 2 months and have my doctor tell me that was why.
Russ, "how you doin'?" (back at him in Joey's voice)
Mercedes: about the dress (I'm particularly proud of myself about this dress): originally $90.00, bought it for $18.00 because it was missing a button and the original belt. The spare button was easily sewn on and I thought the red belt was way more fun than the black one it was supposed to come with anyway!
Chelley, you will never be the fat sister. That idea is completely laughable.
The Angry IF, I couldn't get on your blog because of your user preferences. E-mail me an invite and I would love to read it. If anyone else wants to e-mail me instead of leaving a comment, that would be just fine.
Love you all and have a great day blogger buddies!