Saturday, March 30, 2013

Kiev, Ukraine Journal - 2-16-1997 and 2-17-1997

*Disclaimer: Please remember that I wrote these when I was 14! I could be a snarky brat! I also am typing these journals exactly as I wrote them, bad spelling and all, except I have abbreviated names to protect the innocent or not-so-innocent.

2-16-1997

We woke up around nine. I ate pancakes for breakfast. Our luggage is at the airport. Tomorrow Mom and C will go get it. Chelle is being so mean to me. The church here only meets once a day but for three hours. My rear got very numb. The building here is new and it is really nice. the walls in the halls are peach and the auditorium is blue. RC had a good lesson on "Who is Jesus." Dads lesson materials are in the suitcases and mom and I's bibles were too. Dad did good not having the material though.

*As an interesting side note, my Dad never uses notes to preach anymore.

2-17-1997

Mom went and got our luggage with C. I am so glad that it is here. Chelle, R, and I all went to a department store also. I saw a hair barrett that was Ukrainian made and almost bought it. I would of given it to Sarah but when I looked at it close, it really wasn't that pretty. At about 7:00 we went to see the Ss. The kids had gotten a huge trampoline for Christmas but the weight limit was 120 pounds so I couldn't jump on it. I found this toy harmonica and started playing on it. I played it all night. I have got to get me one of those. I was lying on the ground with my feet on the door when A started hitting me for no reason. So I just shoved him out of the way. He fell back and hit his head on the corner of the door really hard. He started crying really loud. He deserved it but I still felt pretty bad. About a month ago K1 tore a ligament in his knee and has to now stay home most of the time. He showed his x-rays to us. They were kinda neat.

No comments: