Saturday, March 16, 2013

Kiev, Ukraine Journal - 2-13-1997 and 2-14-1997

*Disclaimer: Please remember that I wrote these when I was 14! I could be a snarky brat! I also am typing these journals exactly as I wrote them, bad spelling and all, except I have abbreviated names to protect the innocent or not-so-innocent.

2-13-1997

J came over around 10 and the Ps came around 10:30. We loaded all of our luggage into the truck and went to the airport. R and C came to the airport to say goodbye. They stayed until we boarded the plane. I did some spelling while we are waiting. I have one lesson done. I have a lot of homework. The plane ride was peaceful. I got 2 extra bags of peanuts. I will save those for a rainy day. The flight was about 4 hours long. I did more homework on it. I have 2 chapters in Algebra to do. The plane was delayed about an hour so when we landed we had already missed our flight to Vienna. We were then routed through Frankfurt Germany with 30 minutes to get to the flight to Kiev. The food on the plane was terrible. My meat was bleading. We were put on the business class because they had no more seats in the other. We had our own TV's and everything. That was awwsome.

*R and C were able to sit with us while we waited to board our plane. This was before all the restrictions of 9/11.

2-14-1997

I had fresh fruit for breakfast. That was delicious. I also had a bagel and a cup of strawberry yougart. I did some more homework. I am done with spelling and a lot of analagies. I absolutely love the analogies. We landed in Frankfurt around 12:00. But then we sat out on the tarmac for 45 minutes. The landing was really smooth. It was nice. So we missed out flight to Kiev. We had to spend the night there. We walked the town. I bought a shirt. We also all shared a Frankfurter in Frankfurt. Ha Ha. I bet Jeremiah will be really jealous.

*Jeremiah was a high school friend who lived in Frankfurt because his parents were deployed there.

No comments: