Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Chop!

 I love long hair on little girls.

I have always looked forward to doing fun things like braiding my daughter's hair.

Well, it doesn't seem like that is ever going to happen.

You see, Chloe Jo suffers from a disease of the hair. It's called Unmaneagableitis.

For realzies, her hair is awful. Sometimes it will lay down better if she is on day 4 of no washing, but my OCD won't let me let her go that long without a bath most of the time.

Here is a picture of her hair when it actually looked pretty good. I must have threatened it that day.


Most days, though, it looks like she stuck her finger in a light socket. Es no bueno.

I have tried several different things to help it...leave in conditioner, straightener, mousse, etc. but nothing has helped it. She is deathly afraid of the blow dryer (and vacuum and dust buster and anything that is loud) so that is out.

So I finally took her to the salon and had them cut it into a bob. Hello, I forgot how cute she looks with a bob!


I do believe this girl is destined to be a short haired girl (at least until puberty when her hormones will go wonky and her hair will change forever...uh, let's not think about that...moving on).

Oh, and she actually let someone touch her without crying! Eek! This makes me extremely happy and a tad bit sad. I am so glad she is finally growing out of that, but I am also sad that she is becoming more independent. It seems like she is getting herself ready for preschool.

2 comments:

Tanya said...

Aweee. I think her hair looks darling in a bob. I had to do the same thing with my daughters hair and now she has beautiful long hair as a teenager. :-)

Cheryl said...

Cute little hair cut on a cute little girl!