Saturday, March 2, 2013

Kiev, Ukraine Journal - 3-28-1996 and 3-29-1996

*Disclaimer: Please remember that I wrote these when I was 14! I could be a snarky brat! I also am typing these journals exactly as I wrote them, bad spelling and all, except I have abbreviated names to protect the innocent or not-so-innocent.

3-28-1996

Today we went to B's and visited for about an hour. Andrew had just gone to her flat and she bought sixty-eight eggs and at least 15 laquer boxes. I read a book all that visit. The book was sister of the Bride. It is real good. She told me about a Russian Book printed in English about folk tales. I read one and it was real good. It was about a girl who fell in love and the guy married another so she walked out into the sea and drowned herself. After that we went to the Ss and Babysat S, C, and A. A was very bad. He went through about 10 pair of pants and underwear. I watched movies and played the computer all day. I love that game called Chips. It is great. Dad will have to get it. We spent the night with R. :-)

*I had no patience as a teenager for children and I really wish I would have cut the poor kids some slack (especially since I apparently did not babysit while I was playing the computer "all day"). I'm not sure the exact ages of the kids, but I think S was probably about 4, A was younger than her and C was a baby.

3-29-1996

We stayed at R's all day until 2:00. RC went to look for a store to print some tracks for the Russians. R was being such a brat. She was calling us loosers because we played monopoly. Last night she was sitting in her room knitting her socks. We were bored so we played a game. There's something wrong with that. Finally her mom told her to shut up about us being loosers. I think she was mad because of Michelle. Michelle stayed half of the night in the boys room talking to C in the dark while R and I watched Old Yeller. It was an ok movie. Well thats all we did. I zonked out at 5:00 and slept for 14 hours straight. I was in a great mood when I woke up. :-)

No comments: