Saturday, March 9, 2013

Kiev, Ukraine Journal - 3-30-1996 and 3-31-1996

*Disclaimer: Please remember that I wrote these when I was 14! I could be a snarky brat! I also am typing these journals exactly as I wrote them, bad spelling and all, except I have abbreviated names to protect the innocent or not-so-innocent.

3-30-1996

G and B left for the states today. B gave me millions of kisses. She is so loveable! They will get home on Sunday. After we went them of thier way we went sight-seeing with Seargae. We went and saw Merinski Palace and the Silver Lady. We were taking a picture of a neat looking building and some militia people (or police as they call them in the states) told us we couldn't. Oh, well, all's well that end's well. Then we met dads class and ate at the Boston Burger. Artiome, Liza and R taught me how to play pig. It's exactly like spoons except you stick your tongue out instead of picking up a spoon. Those burgers were real good. :-)

3-31-1996

*This is the last entry for our 1996 trip.

We went to Centre again today. K1 taught on faith again. There were no Africans that day in the class. There are usually around ten. The Ukranian time change was during the night so alot of Ukranians got there an hour late because it caught them by surprise. After services we went to the Cs for Ks birthday party which was a day early. We had this nasty Chinese noodles with wierd flavoring. That's the only thing of Ds that I thought was awful. The kids all talked in the Boys room. I read Js book of great insults. Most of them were ok. A lot were stupid. A few were really good. :-)

No comments: