Friday, March 15, 2013

Bible Class Facelift

The Bible Class Workshop that I wrote about on Wednesday was just what I needed to give me ideas of some of the things I wanted to do with my Bible classroom.

I started with making this New Testament Books caterpillar. Each student started with a small head and as they learn the books, they get the coordinating caterpillar pieces. The pieces are sorted by sections which is why each piece has different numbers of books. The two pink pieces are one section of books. I also have templates for an Old Testament caterpillar once the girls learn the New Testament.


Another thing we are learning in class is Bible facts. I saw this idea in a book and put my own spin on it. I found the paint cans and brushes at Dollar Tree. They come in packages of 10 so I had plenty for what I wanted. I wrote 1 Bible fact on each can.


 We are studying Genesis right now so I did the other half of the bulletin board with our memory verse from Genesis 1:1 and pictures of the days of creation.


I made the days of creation pictures. The actual pictures came with the material, but I cut it out, pasted it on cardstock and had it laminated. I then cut a sheet of magnet into squares and put them in the corners of each picture. I found the number magnets at Dollar Tree and they are perfect for this visual. Now I can take the numbers off and the girls can put them back on where they go.


The last visual I want to write about is the 5 Acts of Worship puzzle I made. I first drew the 5 on a piece of foam core board. I then wrote each act of worship on each piece and colored it in. I took my exacto knife and cut the pieces out. I then took the reverse of the 5 and glued it to another piece of foam core. After it dried I put the pieces back in and had a puzzle. I'm very happy with the way it turned out!


I'm so happy to have the chance to teach my daughter in Bible class and I want to make the most of it!

Here is a video of Chloe Jo saying her memory verse. Since the girls have their memory verse down so well, we are now adding verse 2.


2 comments:

April said...

First of all, Chloe Joe is just adorable! Love all your visual aids too!!

Cheryl said...

I love all of your Bible class ideas! I'm always looking for we ideas.