Friday, July 24, 2009

More Crochet and Ribbon Crafts

Whenever I find a new hobby, I get obsessed for a while. I make a ton of stuff and then put it aside and won't pick it up again for a while. Example: scrapbooking. I haven't done any pages since the last time I posted pictures. I have printed pictures, I just haven't put anything together. So, with that in mind, here are a few more crochet things I have done in the last week.
I haven't glued the red button on yet. I'm not sold on it, but I don't have anymore post buttons besides this one and the gold one below left. I'm going to go to Hobby Lobby today and may get some round crystals for the centers. I think that would be pretty. I also haven't attached this to a headband, yet. I was trying to figure out how to make them removable, but with the holes in the center, you would be able to see velcro and alligator clips so it doesn't look like these flowers will be able to be interchangable. I haven't decided what colors to make the bands for these, either. I think white is the best option, but I have a few white ones already so I am almost wanting to go with a different color. Though, if I get too creative with it, they won't match anything well enough.
I also found some ribbon and started trying my hand at making ribbon bows for an interchangable headband that I bought the other day. I need to get alligator clips to put on the backs of them still. This one is my favorite so far.
I found a butterfly pattern and thought it would look super cute on a headband. Well, it turned out really big and will look crazy so I won't be putting it on a headband after all. I was over halfway done with it when I realized this so I went ahead and finished. I'm just going to give it to Chloe Jo and she can play with it.
I found a rose pattern that I decided to try my hand at. This is the first and it turned out really well. I just love it! It's a little big, but as you can see in the next picture, super cute on Chloe Jo!
That's all I have for now. I have a crochet hook and some yarn calling my name and since Chloe Jo is down for a nap, I am going to answer the call.

2 comments:

Mercedes said...

oooh I love the bows.

Sasha said...

I really love all of these. I like to crochet. I love the profile pic of your family!!