Monday, July 20, 2009

Bow-tastic

I love bows and headbands. The bigger the bow the better is my philosophy. With that in mind, I decided to try my hand at making my own bows and headbands for Chloe Jo since I don't want to pay $15.00 for one. So, like any 21st century girl, I googled it and found a website that had instructions for bows and found another website that had way cute crocheted headbands. I promptly retreived my crate of yarn and a size G crochet hook from the closet. I proceeded to make two headbands that I am really happy with. Then I found some ribbon and made a bow with the instructions from the bow-making website. This is what I ended up with.
I'm going to try to find a flower that will match this headband.
I thought the headbands turned out pretty cute. I'll definitely be making more of them and might even try to crochet a hat for her.
This, on the other hand, just turned out ridiculous looking. My inspiration was Harper from Kelly's Korner. I'm going to try it again and make the bow smaller and see what happens. At least the look Chloe Jo is giving the camera is adorable!
She looks like she could take flight!

2 comments:

Hollie said...

LOL... big bow is funny. You are quite talented! I think they look great.

Chelley N said...

Haha... without the bow, she looks like she's ready to work-out!