Saturday, April 20, 2013

Kiev, Ukraine Journal - 2-22-1997 and 2-23-1997

*Disclaimer: Please remember that I wrote these when I was 14! I could be a snarky brat! I also am typing these journals exactly as I wrote them, bad spelling and all, except I have abbreviated names to protect the innocent or not-so-innocent.

2-22-1997

I went with R again to buy bread. R bought 5 loaves and they were gone by that night. They also all eat 45 tacos altogether at one meal. They are pigs. Anyway we swung after that for a long time. She then asked Chelley and I if we wanted to go ice skating with her and the boys. She got directions from J (an American friend). But only got us to the right metro stop. Js directions were stupid. C finally asked someone and he led us to it. By the time we got there, though, we would have had only twenty minutes to skate so we said we would go tomorrow. R and I went to the department store to look for some white paint and couldn't find any. We got huge ice cream cones thoug. Then we went to Rs house and watched "While you were sleeping".

2-23-1997

My day was terrible. I went to church as usual and then went ice skating. Church was great, but after R, J, C, Chelley, and I all went ice skating. J was in a hurry because we were running late. So we were running down the mile long escalators that made us all really dizzy. When we got to the rink we were late so we decided to go at 4:15. We had an hour to kill. J and C went to play basketball at a nearby court and R and I went to a kiosk. Then we had to wait in line forever to get our skates. I went one time around the rink. That took the whole time. My ankles were not strong enough and they all kept bugging me. I use the wall for support. I went home all the way without saying one word. I was mad. I had made a fool out of myself. I couldn't skate and everyone else could. I won't make that mistake again. Then we went and played fictionary that evening with the C's.

No comments: