Saturday, April 6, 2013

Kiev, Ukraine Journal - 2-18-1997 and 2-19-1997

*Disclaimer: Please remember that I wrote these when I was 14! I could be a snarky brat! I also am typing these journals exactly as I wrote them, bad spelling and all, except I have abbreviated names to protect the innocent or not-so-innocent.

2-18-1997

R and K2 went with us to the bizarre today. Rs mom wanted some stuff and made R hurry. So I went with her while mom and K2 got what they needed. Before that we had gone with R to get registered. We met Victoria (a Ukranian) and she talked to the man to get us regestered. We went to K1 and K2's to pick up K2 and they invited us to have homemade pizza with them. But me, R, and Chelle ended up cooking it after K1 started it. The pizza was ok. I bet it was really good to them though, scince they don't have a pizza place here. After R and I got done shopping in the bizarre I went home with her. I asked her to spend the night. We went to the gastronome and bought cookies for ourselves. They were strawberry filled and German made. They are delicious. We had ourselves a regular party. She brought all of her nail polish over. I used her silver. I really like it and offered to buy it from her. She said no. It is Ukranian made.

2-19-1997

R left at 11:00. She needed to get bread and milk for her mom. I did alot of homework. I started my Algebra and did a ton of English. The english is really easy. I found some books in this apartment of Russian Short Storys. I think I might read some of them. My Algebra is so hard. I do not understand. Chelley just makes me feel dumb when I ask her though. I started "Flowers for Algernon." It is ok. Chelley read it to me last year. I also am almost done with "Romeo & Juliet". I love my english homework. I really like the analogie stuff. We left to go to church at 5:15. It is a really long metro ride so I started on "When we first Met". In church I studied Ephesians with the other Americans. Dad taught the same lessons as he did on Sunday Bible Class so I already know all about it. Never-the-less I learned some more.

*As a side-note, I failed algebra that year. :(

No comments: