Monday, May 30, 2011

There is a tree on our house.

No, really. A real tree. Pine. Huge.

Saturday evening, we went with some friends to a fish restaurant about an hour from where we live. On the way back we got a call from our landlord saying that our neighbor said a tree fell on our house. Um, yikes!?! When we got back home, there indeed was a tree on our house. Apparently, while we were gone, a tornado went through our little town. There were trees down and branches down all over the place! The tree that fell on our house also hit a water line and busted it which in turn flooded our place. There was an inch to 2 inches of standing water throughout. We were able to get our wood furniture up off the ground and onto 2 by 4's so they will hopefully be okay. We are staying with friends for the time being. We can't do anything until our landlord hears from the insurance and talks to a contractor. Since today is a holiday neither are going to happen until tomorrow at the earliest. I have some pictures, but I'm not on my computer so I can't upload them right now. We've done what we can do for now and we are just waiting to hear what our next steps need to be. Hopefully this will get resolved soon and we can move back home!

Looking on the bright side, we are totally getting new carpet! YAY!

6 comments:

Sarah @ Dandelion Chronicles said...

Oh my goodness! I am so sorry to hear about your horrible situation. But, Praise God that you weren't home when it happened and that all of you are safe and sound! I'll be praying for your family.

Elana Kahn said...

Whoa crazy!!!! Glad everyone is ok!

Angie said...

So glad you are safe!

Anonymous said...

WHOA! I'm glad y'all weren't home and are OK. Praying that everything works out when y'all go back to check it out and find out what to do.

Courtney said...

Oh.my.word. THat's amazing that you guys are all okay. You make it sound so commonplace...'there's a tree on my house'. I'd be like, THERE'S A TREE IN MY HOUSE! Anyway, glad your okay, and it looked like you had a great time making slurp. Those are fun memories to make with Chloe Jo.

Melinda said...

Oh my! Good thing you weren't home when it happened. I hope everything gets back to normal soon!