Thursday, May 5, 2011

My Recipe Box: Taco Soup

This is another Mexican-ish favorite of ours!

Taco Soup

Ingredients:
1 pound hamburger
onion flakes
4 cups water
1 can chopped green chili's (4 oz.)
salt and pepper
1 package taco seasoning
1 package ranch dressing mix
1 can chili beans
1 can pinto beans
1 can kidney beans
2 cans diced tomatoes

Brown hamburger and onion flakes. Drain. Add rest of ingredients. Simmer for at least 1 hour and serve.

My recipes says this freezes well, but I've tried freezing another recipe with beans and the beans all exploded so I don't know about that. I hope you enjoy if you try this one!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Taco soup is one of our family favorites! My recipe is similar to yours. We serve it with shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream and chips! YUM!