A while back, my sister gave me a piece of fabric that she had used for her daughter, Brianna's, first birthday party. She wanted me to make a pillowcase dress out of it for Chloe Jo and then pass it down to Brianna when she outgrew it. The fabric is adorable and there was a good sized piece of it so I decided to make a pillowcase shirt and a pair of matching capri's. Friday evening, after we put Chloe Jo to bed, I got started on her outfit. I realized I made a huge mistake when I turned the pants rightside out and they looked absolutely ridiculous! Um, yeah. I had already ripped out the crotch/inseam seam at this point.It ended up that the elastic was where the hem of the pants were supposed to be! I completely screwed that up! I went ahead and made another pair after sitting there for several minutes to figure out what exactly was supposed to be done to make these pants correctly. I finally finished the second pair at 3:00 a.m. Saturday I realized that I am way too old to be staying up that late! HA! I'm really happy with the finished outfit!
It seems like Chloe Jo likes it, too!