Friday, April 8, 2011

A story about my siblings and I

When I was a child, I remember going on many family vacations. We would load up in our huge blue van, hitch up our tiny Jayco trailer and head out west to exciting places like the Rockies, Grand Canyon or Yellowstone. Some of my favorite childhood memories came from our family vacations.

We loved Big Blue, our van. The back bench could be laid down so that us kids could stretch out, sleep or play a game. On one such occasion, we were all sitting around back there (no seatbelts! Gasp!) and decided to make up nicknames for each other. My brother, Shane, told my sister that she would be Red Bird. He told me that I would be Moon Puppy. We were both very happy with our nicknames and I still love that I was Moon Puppy today! Then my brother Jeremy said that he was going to be Freedom. To which Shane replied, "No! I'm Freedom! You're Rainbow!"

That was just the way Shane was as the oldest.

And Jeremy stayed Rainbow.

1 comment:

Chelley N said...

You really did get a good nickname.