Tuesday, April 5, 2011

My Recipe Box: Amish Breakfast Casserole

This is my go-to breakfast casserole recipe. We love it!

Amish Breakfast Casserole

Ingredients:
1 roll Pillsbury crescent rolls
1 pound slice bacon, diced
10 eggs, beaten
4 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 1/2 cups small curd cottage cheese
1 1/4 cups shredded swiss cheese

In a large skillet, cook bacon (the picture above has ham. This recipe would be great with any kind of breakfast meat) until crips and drain. Unroll crescent rolls and lay them out on the bottom of a 13x9 inch casserole dish. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Stir in bacon. Transfer to casserole dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until set and bubbly. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.

I hope you guys enjoy this as much as we do!

2 comments:

Allison said...

I am DROOLING. This looks AMAZING!

Chelley N said...

This looks super-yummy! I will have to try it out!