Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The Rebellion

I think my veins finally rebelled against being poked so many times in the last few months. It all started with the first time I went to my clinic for a routine annual. They took three vials of blood then and then two weeks later, I donated blood...there goes another pint. I can't tell you how many more vials I have given since then, but my arm has a permanent bruise from where I've been stuck so many times. My right arm is the only one that I've ever been able to give out of. The veins in my left arm are just uncooperative. The last couple of times I've had blood drawn, my veins haven't behaved nicely. I've never had a problem with this before, but for some reason they've started rolling. I assume it's not the nurse because she is the one that always draws it and she has always been really good about hitting the vein the first time. My poor arm just better get used to this. It's probably going to be a long, bumpy road.

No comments: