Sunday, June 8, 2008

Let's PAR-TAY!

My wonderful hubby now has a degree in Biblical Studies! WOOO HOOO! I can no longer call myself a preaching school widow. Here are some pictures from this last weekend! Sorry about the quality of photos. I had trouble with the lighting and settings on my camera.

Friday night we had a banquet (or as the instructors fondly call it: a roast). We all went to eat at a chinese restaurant. Each of the graduates received a bobble headed soldier. Russ' soldier has a beard and horns on his helmut. One of the instructors said that he was chosen because Russ is going to be one of those "old soldiers of Christ" in 50 years! He's a Norse/Viking looking guy so I named him Sven.


Then, on Saturday we had a HUGE party to celebrate Russ and his graduation! We had 29 people there in all. It was a great time to catch up and to par-tay!

Russ even got to open lots of presents!



And we, of course, had cake!

Last, but definitely not least, Russ graduated on Sunday! Congrats Russ! I'm sooooo proud of you.


Then we had a reception....with more cake!
This was my piece. HA!All in all, it was a G-R-R-R-R-E-A-T weekend. But, I'm completely worn out so I'm going to bed. Until next time blogger buddies!

2 comments:

Mercedes said...

Congratulations to the both of you!

Chelley N said...

So you got to eat Russ's face... we were wondering who got it!