Saturday, September 22, 2012

Kiev, Ukraine journal - 11-9-94 and 11-10-94

*Disclaimer: Please remember that I wrote these when I was 12! I could be a snarky brat! I also am typing these journals exactly as I wrote them, bad spelling and all, except I have abbreviated names to protect the innocent or not-so-innocent.

11-9-94

Today Michelle and I were in our rooms studying when mom barged in and said to get our shoes on. We found the kitchen full of smoke. JL came over and told us all to get out and to get our money. Dad was not here. He'd abandoned us and went to the Institute to teach an english class. The fire or the smoke-out was on the first floor where some workers were working on a new barber shop. We went over the the L's apartment and F mad us lunch & hot chocolate. Then when we could go back in our Flat soot was everywhere. We had to mop and sweep and clean the walls. None of our stuff was ruined thou. The smoke smell was very strong to. We cleaned up and went to Wednesday bible study at Poly Tech Institute with F. R asked me to spend the night on Friday. Mom said I could if everything worked out. Tomorrow we are supposed to get our picture taken for the government or for something like that. Well that's all for now.

11-10-94

Today we met the L's and KS at the metro to get our picture taken. The guy was talking to me and K had to tell me what he was saying. We met KS2, D & R C. We went home with R and stayed until mom picked us up from her shopping. She bought a very long loaf of bread. It was very moist and fresh. Then Olga came over with the repair man. He had to fix our faucet. It keeps running and it won't turn of. He got it of once but turned it back on. He says we need a new faucet. I better go. I have nothing else to say about today.

No comments: