Saturday, September 15, 2012

Kiev, Ukraine journal - 11-7-94 and 11-8-94

*Disclaimer: Please remember that I wrote these when I was 12! I could be a snarky brat! I also am typing these journals exactly as I wrote them, bad spelling and all, except I have abbreviated names to protect the innocent or not-so-innocent.

11-7-94

Today we got up at 8:30 A.M. and went to the Metro where we met Rueslon, Sevetta, Natasha, Valadimear, and Sergae. We rode the metro to about the center of Kiev. We saw lots of stuff. We saw the murder sight of the Apostle Andrew, St. Sophias Cathedral, St. Andrew's Cathedral, and a parade. The parade was for the Russian Holiday about the war and the brave men who fought in it. We also saw lots of statues. We saw a teal blue palace to. It was real neat and interesting. Then all of us went to our flat and ate bread, peanut butter, smocked cheese, and tea for lunch. Then all the Russians went home and we went to a pizza party for the American missionary held by K&K S.

11-8-94

Today RC picked me up to go to the amusement park at 1:30. Michelle couldn't go because she got sick and lost her voice. When we got there we played ping-pong and badmitten for 10 cents (10,000 Koupons) for 30 min. Then we went to the place where the rides were and got to ride a ride called the cage. You got into a cage and pulled and pushed until you spun all around. The second ride we went on was a ride you went really fast on and the ride slanted sideways. The third was the funnest. You went really fast and it was flat and you kept slanting until we were just up & down. Then we got on the metro and rode back to R's metro stop. We got off the metro and bought Ice cream (strawberry-chocolate twist). We stayed at R's apartment until Tuesday-night basketball. I made four baskets. I went home and that is all I did today.

1 comment:

Naomi said...

Hey Lisa!

I saw on my Mom's FaceBook a status about the 39th street lectures... and someone mentioned that Russ and Lisa Earl were coming..... I know this is kinda presumptive, but do you know Kara McAfee? She is a friend of mine. :)