Saturday, September 1, 2012

Alzheimer's Memory Walk 2012

For the past 5 years my family has been participating in the Alzheimer's Memory Walk. My Grand Pappy has been dealing with Alzheimer's for 12 years so this is a disease close to my heart.

Our team has been Team Gray Wolf since we first started walking. Gray Wolf was my Grand Pappy's handle when he was boating so we are called that in honor of him.

This year Team Gray Wolf raised $1458!!!! That is amazing since our team was small!

When we left our house for the walk it was raining. I was disappointed but we have been praying for rain so we can't complain when it comes! It didn't really matter, though. The walk goes on rain or shine.

Here is our family getting ready to walk for my Grand Pappy!

Brenson was very confused about why we were outside in the rain.

This was the first year that the girls were team members. We have brought them along in the past, but they weren't team members so they didn't raise anything.

This is our whole team. I still am shocked we were able to raise so much with so few members! It just goes to show what can happen even with a small group!

But, alas, the walk was not meant to be. We didn't even get to the starting line when it was called. It started thundering and lightening pretty bad. That's okay, though, because the walk isn't what helps fund research. Our donations do that and we were able to turn them in before going home!

I look forward to doing this again next year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's sad about your grandpa. My great-granddaddy has it for a few years before he died. Chris's granddaddy has it now.