Wednesday, January 18, 2012

My Recipe Box: Zucchini Cakes

I sure have been loving Pinterest! I have found several recipes that I want to try. I attempted a potato soup on Tuesday, but burnt the bottom so I ended up throwing it out. I will try that again tomorrow. Tonight, though, I tried a recipe for Zucchini Cakes that I found and Russ and I loved them! Chloe Jo, as usual, wouldn't touch any of them. We call her Picky Picky (like the Quimby's cat). This recipe came from this blog if you want to check it out. She actually got it from somewhere else.

This is the picture from Pinterest (well, her blog):
And this is what mine turned out looking like:
Not quite the same, but I'll explain that after sharing the recipe!

Zucchini Cakes

Ingredients:

1 large zucchini, grated
1 large egg
1 cup Panko bread crumbs
1 Tbsp Adobo spices
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated

Squeeze excess liquid from the zucchini. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix thoroughly. Heat a large skillet over medium heat and spray with Pam. Shape spoonfuls of batter into small patties and drop into sizzling skillet. Cook on each side for about 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until golden brown. Finish off in oven by broiling for 2 minutes. Enjoy!

As for the red tint in my zucchini cakes...it was caused by my version of the Adobo spices. I had never heard of Adobo spices before and I couldn't find anything that said "Adobo" at the store so I googled it and found a recipe. I didn't have everything it called for so I just improvised a bit. The original recipe can be found here.

My recipe is as follows:

Adobo Spices

Ingredients:

1 oz. (one of the small containers) paprika
I didn't measure any of the rest of the ingredients. I just put in what I thought would be good and smelled nice.
Fresh ground black pepper
Garlic powder
Onion powder
Ground oregano
Cayenne Pepper

I just put all the ingredients in a container, put the lid on and shook it up. I think it turned out yummy and the cayenne gave it a nice kick!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Those look really yummy!