Thursday, January 12, 2012

Another front door project

I love having a few fun things on the outside of our house to welcome our visitors. I have a few wind chimes, two garden flags, a stepping stone with Chloe Jo's hand prints, our outside seating and a wreath. I love wreaths and I love making my own (because wowzers...sometimes they are so expensive in the store!). I am hoping, one day, to have a wreath for each month of the year. How fun would that be?!? I think it would be super fun. Maybe I'm the only one. Of course, for that to happen, I would need a place to store my potential wreaths. Anyway, I digress. After I took the holiday stuff down, my poor front door (actually my wreaths hang beside the door, but whatev) was looking very dismal. The wreath I usually use for winter was looking shabby so it went away leaving me with no wreath for the outside of my home. Sadness.

And here enters Pinterest.

I finally did it. I caved. I am now a member of Pinterest.

It. Is. Everything. I. Knew. It. Could. Be.

To get ideas for a new front door wreath, I started perusing. I found a few that I liked, but none that I loved so I took all the inspiration and made a perfect (for me) front door wreath-like thing.
What do you all think? I love it! I love the trend of putting teal and red together so I took that and ran with it.
And I modified the felt roses that I make. I love how they came out. It was so fun putting two colors together! Plus, I made the edges wavy instead of straight and it just added so much to it!
I bought a wooden letter from the local hobby store and painted it black. It was looking a little dull so I remedied that with glitter polka dots. Too fun!
And I found the perfect ribbon to go with it. I couldn't believe my luck with the ribbon. I was expecting to have to use a plain, but nope. Hobby Lobby came through for me.
And wah-la! A unique, custom "wreath" for the outside of my home.

6 comments:

Alicia_B said...

Super cute!!!!

April said...

I love it! So cute and you'll have to tell me how you did the felt flowers. The ribbon matches perfect!

Lauren said...

I love it!

Chelley N said...

That is so cute! I love teal and red together as well . . . I've had that color combo (with black as well) in my bedroom for 5 years. I'm so glad that everyone else is catching on :-)

Janet said...

Very cute! You are so crafty!

Jennifer P. said...

This is adorable! Love how crafty you are, and love the blog!!