Sunday, January 8, 2012

11 + 11 = 22

I've been tagged by my friend, Melissa Jane! Go check out her blog!

Rules:

1. You must post these rules.

2. Each person must post 11 things about themselves on their blog.

3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.

Um, I don't really want to follow the rules so I'm going to answer the 11 questions that Melissa Jane made up and leave it at that (I know, bad blogger!).

1. What was the silliest moment for you of the past year? The night I stayed up really late sewing an outfit for Chloe Jo. It was in the wee hours of the morning that I started making really silly mistakes and I ended up making this pair of pants that did not look anything like they were supposed to. I realized then that I am too old to be pulling all-nighters!

2. What Bible verse automatically comes to mind when you're having a bad day? "Casting all your care upon Him; for He careth for you." 1 Peter 5:7

3. What's your favorite book? This is a tough one! I love so many books that it is hard to narrow it down to just one. I can read the Ashley Stockingdale series by Kristin Billerbeck over and over and it never gets old. I also love Harry Potter, Jane Eyre, any book by Jane Austen, etc. I read a wide variety of literature and I simply can not narrow it down to one favorite!

4. What is the one moment in your life that you knew Providence had a hand in the way it turned out? When I had the IUI that I got pregnant with Chloe Jo with.

5. Who was a penpal that you had before e-mail became the main method of communication? When I was little I used to write my cousin, Kasi. I also had a penpal in 4th grade from Argentina.

6. What's your favorite pair of shoes? My pink, high-top converse!

7. What does your dream home look like and where is it located? Honestly, I don't really have a particular picture in my mind of what my dream home looks like or where it is located. As long as my husband and my Chloe Jo are there, it is a my dream home.

8. Why do you blog? I blog for myself mostly (that isn't to say that I don't like comments...hint, hint!). I blog to find others who share my experiences such as infertility and being a preacher's wife and Christian. I blog so my family can keep up with what we are doing. But, mostly, I blog for myself because I enjoy it.

9. What color are the sheets on your bed? Tan.

10. Where did you meet your spouse? If not married, where did you meet your best friend? I met my husband when my Mom was working at a store called Fred's. He was her manager at the time and she introduced us. And that is why I married him. I figured if my Mom picked him out, he must be special. :)

11. What's your favorite part of nature? Goodness. This is another hard question! There are so many aspects of nature that I love. If I have to choose, though, I would say the beautiful mountains. I love driving through the Smokies, enjoying the gorgeous views. I remember driving through western Kansas and getting to the point where you can just start to see the outline of the Rockies. We once stayed in a beautiful town in the Ozark Mountains where you could see the mountains any way you looked. And then there were all of the hiking trips. I especially remember hiking in the Rockies by a trickling stream one year. We put our feet in the stream to see who could hold them in the freezing water the longest. I love the mountains.

Thank you, Melissa, for tagging me! I enjoyed answering your questions!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You met your hubs because he was your mom's boss! I've NEVER heard that one before! That's awesome! Haha.