Friday, January 6, 2012

Christmas: Part 1

I finally have time to sit down and do a real blog (unlike that wimpy thing I did yesterday)! We had a great holiday season! It started off on the Tuesday before Christmas. We had our family gift exchange then. We had to do it early because we left for the mid-west on Thursday morning and Wednesday is just too busy to do anything extra.

We were so excited about giving each other gifts! Just ignore how my hair looks in all these pictures. I had just taken a shower and Russ couldn't wait for me to blowdry it! HA!
Chloe Jo had a blast this year! She enjoyed opening presents last year, but didn't care much after the first few. This year all she wanted to do was open presents!
I tried really hard not to go overboard with her and I think I did pretty good and she loved what we gave her.
The only real surprise Russ got was this vanity plate I designed for his car. Everything else he had asked for. What do you all think? Does he like it?
I was thrilled to get the last book of the Inheritance series. Now I just need to take the time to read it!
And the aftermath.
By the way, I bought Chloe Jo a color wonder book (the picture reminded me) and I guess I got a dud because it doesn't work very well and I kind of hate it (and she does, too). It takes the color several seconds to show up and it is really irritating. Chloe Jo had enough and colored in the book with crayons instead. I'll have to get her one that works properly I guess.

Stay tuned for Christmas: Part 2 tomorrow!

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Looks like you had an awesome Christmas! :-)

Janet said...

We also got our girls the color wonder books. Those markers always take awhile to show up....so I don't think it was just you. They irritate my girls as well. They apparantly need instant gratification when coloring. :-)

Heather said...

Agree with the color wonder thing. I have a bunch of them and they are all the same. My boys didn't like them either.
Glad you had a good Christmas :o)