Thursday, July 14, 2011

The Goings-On

We have had a busy couple of days here. Russ was gone all day Tuesday. He was at the office during the day and in the evening he went to Columbia to speak at Vacation Bible School for a congregation there. Columbia is a pretty long haul from our town so Chloe Jo and I opted to stay home. That was a good decision because Russ didn't end up getting home until 11:00 p.m. Yuck!

Today was exciting because Russ and a friend went to pick up our new dresser!
Chloe Jo is also very excited about the new furniture. I'm so glad to get that ugly dresser out of our room! One thing I love about this town is that you can put anything you don't want out by the side of the road and someone will come get it. So far I've gotten rid of a set of chairs (that were moldy because our water heater leaked on them...someone still wanted them), a Christmas tree, 3 lamps, a junky garden hose and now this dresser. The guy that picked up the dresser even came up to the house to ask if we were getting rid of it. He was really excited and said the dresser was "really nice." I guess he didn't mind the water damage and bad paint job as much as I did. I'm glad he got something that he wanted and I'm very glad we were able to replace it! Our new dresser is gorgeous!

Chloe Jo is so sweet! I love spending my days with her even though she does frustrate me at times. Lately she has become very tenderhearted (ahem...I'm not sure where she gets that from...it couldn't be from me...). We watched Toy story Tuesday night while Daddy was out of town and she cried 3 times at sad parts. She hates to see people or characters cry! We went out to eat last night and Kai Lan was on a TV. We haven't ever even watched Kai Lan, but Chloe Jo was fascinated with it. There was a little blue elephant that was crying and Chloe Jo got so sad. She was on the brink of tears! I stemmed them off by explaining to her that the elephants friends were helping him be happy.

I finished up The Fruit of the Spirit series last night in Wednesday evening Bible Class. I had been having 3 kids for several weeks, but last night I only had Chloe Jo.
She has been doing very good in Bible class. She loves to read out of the Bible and she loves to sing. She usually will refuse to repeat the books of the Bible still, but last night she said Joel and Lamentations without being prompted so I know she is learning them even if she won't repeat them or say them on command. We will be starting a series on the Apostles next Wednesday.

We finally walked to the library Wednesday morning.
We were going once a week before the tree fell on our house. We haven't been since (about 2 months). We are going to start going again. Chloe Jo loves it and I want to start checking out books I can't get for free on my Kindle from the top 100 list.

I whipped up some salsa this afternoon to go with Mexican casserole tonight. I tried freezing salsa the last time I made it and that did not work so good.
Yum! I love Mexican night!

We were in Hobby Lobby last week and Chloe Jo spotted this Dora the Explorer fabric.
It happened to be on sale (always!) so I bought a yard of it. I'm going to try to make her a backpack out of it.
I am using the striped fabric because it is what I had. I didn't think about lining until I got home so we are just going with it. I hope it turns out cute. I used my beloved graph paper to make my own pattern. We shall see.

And there you have it.

3 comments:

Chelley N said...

That is the funniest photo of CJ ever!

Unknown said...

My little girl always gets upset when other characters are upset. Well, she used to anyway. Now that she's a little older, she doesn't get as upset.

I love the backpack idea! I cant wait to see how it turns out!

Anonymous said...

Can you imagine how much she's going to cry when she's our age?! Lol. I don't remember crying much as a little girl and now I'm a cry baby!