Saturday, July 2, 2011

Alto y flaco

A few weeks ago Russ brought a DVD home for Chloe Jo that had 8 episodes of Dora The Explorer on it. Chloe Jo had 2 Elmo DVD's and 1 Strawberry Shortcake DVD that she watched here and there. We never let her watch a lot of TV...until Dora came along. I kind of wish we had discovered how much she loves Dora a long time ago. I try to work with Chloe Jo on her numbers, letters, colors, etc. but she never was into it. Most of the time she wouldn't repeat anything and she definitely wouldn't say what I wanted her to say! That is, until Dora. I can't believe how much she has been saying since she started watching Dora! She will sing along with the songs. She will yell "map" and "backpack" when Dora needs their help. And...AND...She speaks Spanish with Dora!

So thank you Dora for helping Chloe Jo to speak!

Yesterday I was working on sewing a dress and I was talking to myself. I do that when I'm concentrating really hard to figure something out. I was saying to myself, "now where is the circle? Oh here's one!" and Chloe Jo said to me, "one...two...thwee!" I have been trying to get her to say her numbers for months. Dora got it done! She can also tell me what numbers come after other numbers. I can say, "Chloe Jo, what number comes after five?" and she will say "six" back. I'm so proud of her and I'm ecstatic that she is learning!

I have been feeling like she has been getting much heavier lately so I decided to go ahead and weigh and measure her this morning. I usually do this every few months. I'm just a little early this month.

Chloe Jo is weighing in at 26 pounds! This was lower than I thought it would be. I thought it would be up around 27 to 28 pounds. She just seems so much heavier lately! 26 pounds puts her in the 25th percentile.
Her height is 36 inches putting her into the 75th percentile. I figured it would be somewhere around there. She is getting so tall!
Tall and skinny!

1 comment:

Chelley N said...

I love that she speaks spanish to Dora! B has never seen Dora, but this makes me want to buy her a Dora DVD or two.