Thursday, March 12, 2009

TP Thursday and Other Things

It's TP Thursday again! I am 34 weeks, 6 days and am 10 1/2 squares round.

Last night's bible class was a little interesting. First, we had a child (K) come in with tears. Now K has been in our class for months and has never cried about his mom leaving him. But, last night K was completely inconsolable. After about 5 minutes of his sobbing, E (one of our little girls) got upset and started crying because K was so upset. I let E sit on my lap and she calmed down just fine, but K just kept on. He sobbed and sobbed and sobbed. This is so out of character for him that I was very concerned about it. I think his mother may have been helping in another class because Grandma finally came and got him. Even Grandma couldn't help him. They had to leave class and we could still hear K down the hall. Poor guy. I don't know what the deal was last night, but I sure hope that doesn't become a habit!

We also had a little boy (D) come who hasn't been to class in a few months. He is very sporadic in his coming. He will come every week for a few months and then miss for a few months. Well, he obviously hadn't seen me in a while and about half way through class he looked at me and said "Why you that bigger?" I looked at him, thinking that I had surely misunderstoood what he said so I asked him to repeat himself. "Why you that bigger?" He kept looking at my belly. I find this so funny because most men A: don't care and B: wouldn't notice. I just grinned at him, but didn't answer since the last little boy I told that I have a baby in my tummy thought that I had eaten my baby. D did keep looking at my belly through the end of class. Too cute!

Being in customer service is making me realize just how gullible and naive I really am. Don't get me wrong, most of the customers are polite about things. Then there are the few who are just rude and you can't help them no matter what you do. These are the types of customers that turn their own utilities back on after they have been disconnected for non-payment. This is where I realize how naive I am. I, for one, never considered turning my own utilities on. Well, I've never had them disconnected, but if I did, I would not connect them back. I wouldn't have a clue how to do it. Even now, after training, I wouldn't know how to do it. I wouldn't consider not paying my bill every month. I guess I just give some people too much credit. But, then I think that that's a good thing because I don't want to be untrusting of everyone. I do believe the majority of people are good and that there are those who are truly struggling, but trying to get things worked out. I do enjoy the job for the most part even though I make lists of ways to annoy the customers.

I've been keeping up with my daily bible reading goal. 5 chapters a day. I've been a daily bible reader since the second week in January. I have also stared a new novel, New Moon. It's the second book in the Twilight series. So far it is wonderful just like the first book. I think Russ is going to take me to see Twilight, the movie, this weekend. We are hoping our $2.50 theater will be showing it.

That's all for now. Thanks for reading my blog, buddies. I do appreciate the support I get from my family, church, friends and blogosphere.
Create doll makers and dress up dolls with dollmakerscript.com

2 comments:

Mainly a midwife said...

Wow!! Your pregnancy is flying by!! (at least it is for me!)

Christina said...

The Twilight movie comes out on DVD March 21st! My best friend and I are crazy fans of Twilight so we've been waiting for the DVD to come out for months.