Sunday, March 22, 2009

Busy Weekend

Russ and I were able to start lamaze class on Saturday. It was supposed to last from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. but our lamaze instructor let us out at 12:30 instead. I was actually quite thankful for that since I had/have so much to do. The class was interesting. There wasn't anything really groundbreaking for me that was said, but still informative. We did start doing different breathing techniques. I thought a lot of it was very similar to the breathing I do during yoga. Our instructor has had 11 children and has been an L&D nurse for over 20 years so her credentials are pretty fantastic. She's an odd sort, but still very knowledgable. One thing that was really odd is that there are 10 couples/pairs in the class and there is another girl whose name is Lisa and she is also due on April 17th. I thought that was an odd coincidence. We did get a tour (which is the main reason I signed up for lamaze). The L&D ward was redesigned last fall and is really nice. Every room is private and they are also very spacious. We have two more of these Saturday classes, an infant CPR class and I have a breastfeeding class to go to.

I finally got everything cut out for my birth announcements. I am going ahead and doing the fronts of them and will do the insides after Chloe is born and I have her stats and a picture to send. I've had these on my to-do list for a few months and I'm so glad I finally have all the pieces cut out. I just have to find some time to glue everything together!

I also ended up going to Wal-Mart on Saturday evening with my Mom while Russ was at work. I bought the pack-n-play which is one of the last large purchases we needed to make. Since Chloe isn't going to have her own room until we move out of our apartment, we decided to get a pack-n-play for our room for now. We will eventually move into a three bedroom something and buy her a crib, but for now, this is how we decided to go. I also bought a few baskets and storage things for Chloe's stuff. I am slowly finding places for everything to go. I had to clean off a few of my scrapbooking shelves and find other places for that stuff, but I am getting organized and feeling good about her impending arrival.

I have been washing bottles and clothes all weekend. I am starting to feel like I need to get all of this done soon because her due date is not that far off. Can you believe I will be term on Friday?!?!? Where has the time gone? I know it will go even faster once she arrives. I am slowly getting thank you cards written and sent. I have a large stack to pass out at work tomorrow morning. 3 1/2 weeks left until my due date. I can't wait.
Create doll makers and dress up dolls with dollmakerscript.com

1 comment:

Misty Dawn said...

I can't believe that Chloe is almost here. It seems like yesterday we were TTC together.

Congrats on getting alot done this w/e!