Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Not as Upset Anymore

After thinking about and analyzing my infertility treatment protocol, I realized that the progesterone problem really isn't Obi-Wan's fault (you see, I'm not mad at him anymore, I'm calling him by his nickname again!). The first cycle it was low, it was a 9.82. That's not that low and we were hoping it was just a fluke. The cycle before that, it was 21. So, we waited for a cycle to start any treatment on it. So, the next cycle, my progesterone came back at 8.76. It dropped again and we talked about treating it during the fifth cycle. Unfortunately, during my cycle day three consult, the computers went down. Plus, we were deciding on the course of action to take: IUI's or surgery. I had a lot of questions for him during that consult and forgot to ask about it. I know, I know. I should write my questions down. I will do that if I have to have another cycle day three consult. So, basically, after obsessing for a couple days about trying to find a new doctor, etc., I realized that it wasn't really his fault. He has a ton of infertility patients and I don't expect him or anyone else in that office to memorize my chart. I'm sorry I vented about this problem and I'm sorry I was so mad about it. I'm going to blame that on the hormones. If I'm not satisfied with the way the next consult goes, I will be saying something, though. Fun, fun!

4 comments:

Nikki said...

You know - that's what makes you so special. You are so open and loving, it's unbelievable. I would have stayed mad at my RE!

Good luck with everything though - I have my fingers crossed up for ya!

I Believe in Miracles said...

You are adorable!! We'd still be your friends whether you were mad at RE or not. But I like the reasoning!!

Courtney said...

That makes sense. I've learned that a list is absolutely necessary with these dr appointments because it is so hard to remember everything!

Chelley N said...

Remember, you are paying Obi-Wan for a service and you deserve his best. It's ok to be a little frustrated with him when you don't feel like you're getting that.