Friday, June 29, 2012

SUYL: Kids Rooms

Today I'm linking up with Kelly's Korner for Show Us Your Life Friday!

The theme for today is Kids Rooms and Nurseries.

We are so excited about how Chloe Jo's room turned out! I had a specific vision for it and it came together great!

The best part is that she loves it, too. She will show her room to anybody and everybody that comes over!

I asked her what color she wanted her room and she said "Pink!" I then asked her what color her stripes should be and she said "Pink and pink!" I tried to talk her into a key lime green, but she was having none of it. HA! My little girly girl!

This is her room as you walk into the door. I love the plate that Russ' Mom gave me after she was born. That verse is one of my favorites.
 I think the striped wall came out so much better than I even imagined. It is perfect for a little girls room and I think it would precious in blues for a little boy, too. Maybe one day.
 I made the mobile while we were living in South Carolina and it travelled well. I also made the cross stitch a long time before I got pregnant in anticipation of a future baby. It is so special to me and I hope it will be special to her when she is older.
 This is on the wall with her closet. I always want her to know whose child she truly is. We are just borrowing her.
 I made her bow holder (and my, oh my, is it full!), the quilt that is draped over her dresser and the flower bouquet on her dresser. My Dad made the dresser and the adorable kitchen.
I'm so thrilled with how her room came out. I think it is perfect for a sweet little girl!

Link up {here}!

3 comments:

Lauren said...

So adorable!! Love the homemade items :-)

Natasha said...

I love that mobile and would like to know how you made it?

Natasha said...

Thanks for the mobile link. I have "pinned" it!