Monday, February 6, 2012

Check this one off the Bucket List!

I hope everyone had a great weekend!

Ours was fantastic!

Russ took Chloe Jo and I to Georgia to see the birthplace of the Cabbage Patch Dolls! This is something I have wanted to do for a very long time and I am so thrilled we finally were able to go! I had a great time...and Chloe Jo definitely enjoyed herself, too!

We left Friday morning and arrived at Babyland General Hospital that afternoon.
I could not stop grinning. I was so excited to be able to finally go there! I loved my CPK's when I was a girl and I still love them and have several. My oldest is 28!
Here we are ready to go in and see the dolls!
I know many people think they are ugly little things, but I will always love them.
I though it was fun to walk in and see the incubators, followed by the nursery's. I was overwhelmed by how many dolls there were in the 3 nursery rooms. There were several cribs and they were all full of dolls (and everyone of them were adoptable)!
CPK's were originally all soft sculpture. They are still made by hand and the adoption fee is considerable. If I was going to adopt one of the soft sculpture dolls, it would be the boy with the fro. Is he not the cutest!?!?
After the nursery, there was a large open room full of CPK merchandise and more dolls. I loved this cabbage patch. Several of the cabbages would rise up or turn every once in a while. It was so cute!
This display was amazing. The lights on the picture changed colors. I loved it! I also love how there were bunny bees everywhere watching over the babies.
Here is the hospital nursery where the stork helped deliver the Cabbage Patch Kids.
And another shot of the nursery. I love how the baby in the back is getting weighed. Awwww!
And there were, of course, a couple of adoption offices.
My little Cabbage Patch. She really wasn't thrilled to sit on this and there was no way she was going to smile for me.
And here we are with our new dolls. Chloe Jo latched onto this cute little tiger and didn't want to let him go. I tried to get her to get something that you couldn't find everywhere and she was having none of it. She named him Bradley. I chose a doll exclusive to Babyland General. The neat thing about the exclusive dolls is that none of them are named yet. Chloe Jo wanted me to name my baby Chloe Jo and was very annoyed that I wouldn't do it. She finally agreed to Maria Jo.
After exploring Babyland, we went to find our hotel. I reserved a room in Helen, GA. I had no idea that this was a tourist town and that it would be so fun to walk around and shop! We had a great time exploring!
Chloe Jo loved the fountain. She even made a wish and threw a penny in!
We headed back home on Saturday. Doesn't CJ look so big pulling her own bag?
We had a great time in Georgia and I can now check Babyland General off of my bucket list!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks fun!! I'm glad y'all got to do that!

Chelley N said...

Awww... it looks like so much fun! I think it's funny that CJ wanted you to name your baby CJ :-)

I Believe in Miracles said...

That looks fun! I had no idea that even existed or was such a big thing (and I'm sure you're thinking now - what kind of childhood did she have?! Obviously one that did not include cabbage patch dolls!)

What a great trip! Thanks for sharing all the pictures. I loved them!

Lauren said...

How fun, I loved Cabbage Patch dolls growing up too :-)

Alicia_B said...

I had no idea that place was around! HOW FUN - I loved my dolls when I was little!!!