Friday, February 17, 2012

Baby Shower Prep

I've been working hard getting things ready for the baby shower I am helping to host in a few weeks. I just have to finish up the ribbon topiaries (if I can find more of the ribbon I've been using) and I need to make the pom poms to hang from the ceiling. I also have to get the supplies for the punch, find a game and pick up a prize for the winner. Sigh. I always make things bigger than they need to be and then justify it by saying I don't want to have some rinky dink thing because I'm cheap...even though that's actually kind of true...

Anywho...

Here is the diaper cake I created. I found one on pinterest that I liked, took the idea and ran with it. I love how it turned out!
I also made this ribbon wreath. Is it obvious my friend is having a girl? She doesn't have a specific theme for the nursery or a name for the baby yet so we are going completely generic with lots of pink. Blush and bashful are my signature colors.
After we use this wreath for the shower, I'm going to hang it on Chloe Jo's door. She loves it and was not happy when I told her she couldn't have it.
I also finished up this adorable diaper carriage. I've never seen one of these in person, but I saw one on *can you guess?* pinterest and had to make one!
Seriously, how precious is it!?!?!
I'm loving the decorations so far and am excited to put the room together in a few weeks!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

All the decor came out great, love that cute little carriage never seen something like that must try :-)

April said...

They are all so beautiful! Great job! Do you mind telling me what kind of wreath form you used for the ribbon wreath?