Thursday, February 9, 2012

And, yet, more problems with water.

Ever since we moved here, our home has been plagued by water problems. Our water heater has never worked right and our landlord refuses to replace it. It is out in our storage closet and it is on a shelf in the corner. It leaked and ruined 4 upholstered chairs and a Christmas tree. There were a few other things it ruined, but I can't remember what they were. This fiasco went on for months until, finally, they attached a pipe to where it was leaking from and routed it outside. So it wasn't fixed, but it wasn't ruining our stuff anymore (although we have paid for the extra leaked water since we moved in). Then in the summer of last year, a tornado came through our town, knocked over a tree which fell on our home, breaking the water pipe in the attic and flooding our whole place. We weren't home at the time so we weren't able to turn the water off before it ruined several things...our dresser, our headboard and a few other things I can't remember now. After the issues with water damaging our things and having to get rid of and replace so many items (some large items) imagine my wrath when I went out to our storage unit to find more water on the floor! I am so disgusted by this problem. Apparently, the water heater next door was leaking and the water flowed in from there....and got all over our things again. To say I'm mad is an understatement. I am fuming. I drug everything out of there except for a shelf (that has damage on the bottom now) to dry out. I am so disgusted with the whole situation. I think I'm going to go work out and then get my craft on. Maybe I'll feel better after that.

On a much more fun note....my nephew Brenson should be arriving tomorrow finally. His due date was Monday and he has just taken his sweet time, but my sister is being induced tomorrow morning. I can't wait to see a picture! I really wish I could be there, but I will be seeing him in person very, very soon!

2 comments:

April said...

That is horrible! I would have been super mad too! Do you have renters insurance? It would probably help out with the stuff in your house but probably not the storage unit. Congrats on the new nephew!

Anonymous said...

Oh no! I am so sorry for you!! I can not imagine how frustrating all that has been.