Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The Lisa/Jessica Project: Pita Pizzas

This afternoon was filled with cooking and pureeing spinach, butternut squash and sweet potatoes to prepare for the next several recipes in Deceptively Delicious. I decided to start with Pita Pizzas.
Okay, so I need to work on concealing a little more....okay, a lot more. These pizzas were made with pureed spinach. I am not going to post the recipes on here because of copyright laws, but if you want them, you can buy your own copy of Deceptively Delicious on Amazon for $5.99.

Russ and I thought these pizzas were a hit! I could taste the spinach, but it was actually really yummy with it on there. Russ said he couldn't taste the spinach. Next time I will use less spinach puree and I would put a few other toppings on it. I thought these were a little lacking since they were just cheese pizzas, though for children they would be great. Our households littlest critic, unfortunately, wouldn't touch her pizza. She loves pizza so this was a big disappointment. I plan to try this recipe again and make it more Chloe Jo-friendly.

2 comments:

elephantscanremember said...

That looks very good. I would eat the stuff out of it!

Christina said...

I made this one! Josh and I loved it and Annika wasn't fooled at all. She loves pizza too.