Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Books, books and more books!!!

I few months ago I heard about Dolly Parton's Imagination Library. This is a program that Dolly Parton started to give books to pre-school age children. I was so excited about the program because any child under the age of 5 can enroll and will receive a free book every single month until they turn 5. I tried to enroll Chloe Jo online, but was not able to so I asked about the program at our local library. I was able to sign Chloe Jo up for it, but was told that there is a very long waiting list and to not expect to get anything for some time. A few weeks after I had enrolled Chloe in the program I read in our local newspaper that our library had received funds for the Imagination Library. The sum wasn't huge so I didn't think we would be on the list yet. Imagine my surprise when I went to get the mail today and there was a book from The Imagination Library nestled between the heap of junk mail!?!? I was so excited. I ran back into the house and gave Chloe Jo her new book.
You can't tell, but Chloe Jo was excited about her new book, too....on the inside.
She did get a little more excited when she realized that it is a big girl book not a board book. Seriously, though, the girl loves books. One afternoon she kept bringing me books and I just kept reading them to her. An hour later, I had read every single board book that we own to her. 36 books. Seriously, the girl has a reading addiction. I. Love. It. If you have a child under the age of 5, I highly recommend enrolling them in this program. It is completely free and the books are mailed right to your house so absolutely no effort on your part after signing them up initially.

This is another free book that we got in the mail about a week ago. Gilt Groupe did an offer for new customers a month or so ago and I signed up. Because I was a new customer they gave me a $20.00 store credit and I found this super cute book that was....I don't remember how much it was, but it was under $20.00 and I ended up paying nary a cent.
This is an adorable book all about fashions through the ages. I love fashion (even though I don't follow many of the trends or spend the money to wear "fashion" myself) and I love looking a pictures of stars and models in magazines or online. If I was going to buy something high-end and fashionable it would be either a Prada bag or Christian Louboutin pumps. I love the red soles! Anyway, if you have a fashionista or girly girl in your house, this book would make a great gift!

I had a comment from a reader that is experiencing difficulty opening my blog. Is anyone else having issues? She said it will only load halfway and mine is the only one that is doing that for her. It loads fine for me so I was wondering if anyone else is having the problem?

3 comments:

caryn said...

Found you blog via "Tale of Two Coins" and have been checking in for a month or two and I have no problem with your blog loading. Sorry I haven't commented before!

PS: Love your blog. My 2 1/2 year old was had the same Raggedy Anne costume last year.

Chelley N said...

FREE BOOKS?!? I love that! B loves books, too... whoo-hoo!!!

Courtney said...

that is great!!!!

It is only loading halfway on my mobile so I can't comment unless I go to my computer!