Monday, December 22, 2008

Recipe Time!

Kriss asked me to post my recipe for corn casserole. This is a family favorite of ours and we have it every Thanksgiving and Christmas...well, and a lot besides those two times. So here it is:

Corn Casserole

1 can cream corn
1 can whole corn
2 eggs slightly beaten
1 8 oz. sour cream
1 stick oleo melted
1 box Jiffy corn muffin mix
Salt and pepper
1 T sugar
1 cup grated cheese

Stir all ingredients (except the grated cheese) together and pour into a 9x13 baking dish. Bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees. Sprinkle grated cheese over the top and bake an additional 20 minutes.

Mmmm good. I can't wait to make it for Christmas dinner. Glad I get to wear stretchy pants this year!

Create doll makers and dress up dolls with dollmakerscript.com

4 comments:

Kriss said...

Yum!! I can't wait to try this recipe! Thanks for posting it!

Ashley said...

I know this is not related to the recipe, though it does sound delicious (I have some green bean casserole in the oven as we speak)....I cannot make up my mind about the color of the nursery!! We are now thinking the green accent in the bedding to bring out that color - initially, we thought the yellow, but I think that would make parts of the bedding blend in with the wall too much, ya know? What do you think? I would rather not have pink or orange...and we have dark wood furniture, so the brown in the bedding will be brought out that way! There should be a post from a week or two ago with our bedding in it - let me know your thoughts!!

Ash

Angie said...

Thanks posting that...I love this recipe. I usually have at least 2 servings when Chelley makes it!

Anonymous said...

We have the exact recipe (except for the grated cheese)! We also make it every Thanksgiving and Christmas, and it's a family favorite. It's so easy, my 12 yo daughter makes it by herself, which means Mom has one less thing to do. Leftovers are wonderful for breakfast...try it!