Monday, December 29, 2008

Here are some Christmas Pictures!
Russ and I
My sis, Chelley, and her hubby, Chris
My brother, Jeremy, and his wife, Shawna
Their kids, Kaylee and Jordan
My Dad and Mom
Christmas aftermath
Kaylee and Jordan in the wrapping paper
We have a family tradition that my Granny Tiger started years ago. Her and my Pappy would save their change all year and on Christmas day, they would put it all into a bag and let each grandchild and great-grandchild get a scoop of the change. The little kids get to use two hands and the adults get to use one hand. We then all count our change together and see how much we each got. We (my family) don't get to go to Granny Tiger and Pappy's for Christmas very often anymore, but they always send my parents money to get the change and we have carried on the tradition. It's one of the best parts of Christmas and you would be very surprised how much change you can scoop out of a bag in one hand. I scooped $45.87 this year (after Dad handed out the change we didn't scoop)!

Dad handing out the rest of the change from the bagKaylee counting her change

I hope you all enjoyed our Christmas pictures!

Create doll makers and dress up dolls with dollmakerscript.com

6 comments:

Nikki said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! I love the change scoop tradition - I can imagine how much excitement and surprise element that must add to the day!

Hollie said...

Looks like fun. I love the change tradition. Next year your little girl will be in the middle of everything having a great time too.

Mercedes said...

I love the money bag. Tony got 44.70 this year with one handfull!

Ang said...

That's such a neat tradition!! When all of us grandkids graduated from high school my papaw would always give the graduating senior his spare change from the previous year of each day coming home from work...my brother got over $400...I think my papaw rethought that idea, but had to keep going once he started it..ha

~*JaYmE*~ said...

You look just like your mom! The change is a really neat idea.

The Vincents said...

I LOVE your change scooping Christmas tradition! I have never heard of it before.