Friday, December 12, 2008

Driving Courtesy

Sometimes I think we live in a world full of rude and uncourteous people. Oh wait. We do. Last night on my way home from work a man pulled out of a parking lot into the turning lane. He needed to get into my lane. Being the nice driver that I am (seriously, I'm a very nice driver), I let him in front of me. He waved to say "thanks" and drove on. When he got to the intersection, another driver whipped in front of him, cutting him off. He proceeded to blare his car horn for at least 20 seconds. When we got further down the road, he whips into the turning lane and passes the guy. The other car tried to pass, but there was too much traffic. As they were playing this insane road game all I wanted to do was get out from behind them. I was also thinking about how I was just nice to the first guy and let him in front of me and he can't just let it go that the second guy cut him off. Personally, I don't think it was worth potentially causing a wreck to get even. They probably didn't even know each other and won't ever see each other again. I wish more people thought about how they drive and how they act towards people. It's just not worth it to me to exert that kind of road rage to get to a destination faster. If I'm late for work, I don't take it out on the other drivers because it was my fault that I was late, not theirs.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

OK this has nothing to do with your post (though I DEFINTELY agree with it), but .... how did you get your background from cutestblogontheblock to work? I have tried it before and it never works! Do you have to do it differently than you do with backgrounds from like Pyzam? HELP! :) Thanks...and hooray for baby girls!