Thursday, September 4, 2008

The Secret is Definitely Out!

Not that it was ever a secret for those of you who read my blog on a daily basis! Apparently, my wonderful husband let it "slip" when he was teaching in chapel at the institute on Tuesday. I went to Bible Class last night and I received many congratulations. I was wondering where they all came from until I remembered my hubby preached at the school. Duh. I shouldn't have let him out of the house! Anyway, I was dreading the comments I would get from some people. Here are the best:

"Now no one can make fun of you guys anymore." Thanks so much! Just the thing to say to an infertile (not that she knew that so I guess I can't really fault her).

"Do you want an ugly or cute baby?" How do you even respond to that?

"Take care of yourself. Don't push a lawn mower up the side of a mountain or anything." Are there really people who do that? Weird.

Have a great Thursday Blogger Buddies!

3 comments:

I Believe in Miracles said...

Those comments are hilarious. People should seriously listen to themselves.

Nikki said...

People are really weird! Those comments are something else!

Mainly a midwife said...

People really do say the weirdest things. When it comes to infertility ("you guys need to just relax") or pregnancy ("gosh, you're big) people should JUST keep their mouths closed!