Tuesday, September 30, 2008

More Baby Drama

If you don't like how open I am in a lot of my posts, skip this one.

I've had a few issues this weekend. I started spotting Saturday morning, proceeded to do the Memory Walk anyway. The spotting turned into bleeding (not a lot, enough to call it bleeding, not spotting). This continued through Sunday and finally stopped on Monday. I wasn't really worried about it until Saturday evening. I got home from Mom's and I was passing clots and it really scared me. I know that there is nothing that can stop a miscarriage if it's started so I was very reluctant to go to the ER. What would be the point? All they could do was give me a yes or a no answer and send me on my way. Well, Russ decided that we needed to go...I was getting hysterical by that point. So we packed up and went to the ER at 11:30 p.m. Yay. Just what I want to be doing on a Saturday night. We get to the ER and I get in to get my blood pressure, weight, and temp checked and the nurse tells me exactly what I already know. They can't do anything if I am miscarrying, but they can tell me whether or not I am. We went back out to the waiting room to wait to be called back to get blood drawn and an ultra sound. An hour and a half later not one person had moved from the waiting room. So Russ went to see what was going on and there were four traumas and seven people ahead of us. I was tired and uncomfortable so a half hour later we just left. Like I said, what is the point if they can't do anything for us. The bleeding finally stopped Monday morning. I called the nurse to get instructions and they wanted me to come in for an ultra sound. So this morning I went in for an ultra sound. The baby is huge! I couldn't believe how much it had grown in a week and a half. They couldn't find the source of the bleeding. The placenta has migrated so it's not covering my cervix anymore. My cervix was nice and closed so that's not the problem. Everything looked good. WandBoy said that it could just be stretching and growing of the uterus. There was a lot of blood for just stretching, but what do I know? I have more pictures that I will scan and post soon. WandBoy did get a good look at the baby and it looks like I'll be buying blue. He wouldn't ever come right out and say it, but he kept looking and he would show us the umbilical cord and then say "This isn't the umbilical cord." He then told us to "draw your own conclusions." Obi-Wan released me to the OB today. It was a bittersweet parting. I was a little sad, but this is definitely a good thing. I'm glad to be graduating! I will miss the bi-weekly ultra sounds, though. I've had five and I'm only 11 weeks and 4 days! Oh, I almost forgot about my weight. Total weight gain as of today: 0 pounds. I don't know what the deal with that is, but I'm sure I'll make up for it in 2nd and 3rd tri!

Until next time Blogger Buddies!


I Believe in Miracles said...

Oh Lisa, this sounds SO SO scary. I cannot even imagine all the emotions that you've been going through these past couple of days. I'll be praying for you.

Thanks for your encouraging words on my post this morning. I really needed to hear them.


Nikki said...

Lisa - I'm glad the baby is doing well and the spotting / bleeding was not anything worse. Take care of yourself.

Mainly a midwife said...

I'm sorry you were going through that. I know how scarey that is.
So glad that the baby is doing well. take care liz

Miss Tori said...

How scary for you! I'm glad all is well with your baby. Time seems to be flying by! Eleven weeks already.

Joy said...

Lisa - I have been reading your blog since June. I know that your weekend was very scary. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Darya said...

Oh how scary!! I'm sorry you had to endure that but I'm really glad everything is fine. :-)

I can't believe you're so far along...WOW!