Monday, July 14, 2008

At Another Crossroads

I'm super nervous about my appointment with Obi-Wan this week. We are supposed to be re-evaluating and moving on to different treatment. I'm hoping that just means we will be doing IUI's now, but it also could mean more tests, more procedures. Unfortunately, we have made a huge dent in our savings account and may not be able to afford much more of this. I have been seriously considering taking a few months off to try to build our savings back up, but I also don't want to waste any more time. I'm afraid if I don't do this now, the more I age, the more difficult conceiving will become for us. So, again, we are at a crossroads. We have to make a decision and Russ likes to tell me "whatever you think, honey." So, I guess I have to make the decision. Depending on where Obi-Wan wants to go, we may be forced to take a break and that makes me sad. I know in my heart that I don't want to take a break and that I will continue so this fight I'm having with myself in my head is pointless. I will call the nurse and make a date with the coochie cam today. Wish me luck. I'm super nervous.


Nikki said...

Lisa - I really hope you get a plan that works for you, and everything works out good. Maybe they won't do any further testing, but just proceed to IUI's?

Good luck!

heavenlytini said...

good luck tomorrow!!!i know its hard having to take a break because of finances. u gotta know that God will make a way. pray about it. i'll be praying for you and dh

Chelley N said...

Sometimes a break can be healthy for you and dh :-). Being nervous/anxious doesn't help anything so try to relax (hard I know).