Saturday, December 15, 2012

Kiev, Ukraine Journal - 3-6-1996 and 3-7-1996

*Disclaimer: Please remember that I wrote these when I was 14! I could be a snarky brat! I also am typing these journals exactly as I wrote them, bad spelling and all, except I have abbreviated names to protect the innocent or not-so-innocent.

March 6, 1996

This was our first full day at Kiev. We woke up at 7:00 A.M. We had a breakfast of oatmeal and chocolate milk. It tasted really good after that awful plane food. After breakfast Mom, Michelle, and I left because Dad had a class to teach there. We then met R at the metro and went to thier house. C, J, R, Michelle, and me talked and, watched video's all that visit. After we left thier house we stopped at the S's place to give K2 a fax. We saw C, the new baby. She is really cut. We went to the Centre Church that night and heard KS preach. Artiome transulated everything he said into Russian so the Russians would be able to understand. He talked about Family. After that we walked home, had a quick snack, and went to sleep. :-)

March 7, 1996

Today we woke up a 7:00 A.M. again. We had the same breakfast we had had yesterday. N, a Canadian that was over hear on mission work, asked us to go to a concert with him. Mom of course said yes. I really didn't want to go so I envited R to come along. The concert was Russian folk singers. It consisted of soprano and Alto voices only. It sounded really neat with only those two pitches. It was real neat for a one time thing. R hated it because they yelled instead of sang she said. After that I went sledding with R. The C's have 5 fold up sleds. We walked about five minutes to a sort-of big hill off of the highway. We met to highschool age Ukrainians there. Thier names were Andrea and Artiome. They wanted to learn English so they had us teach them a few words. We were glad to. :-)

No comments: