Saturday, December 8, 2012

Back in the Game!

Hi Peeps!

I finally had a good block of time where I sat down and really tried to figure out how to get around my picture quota problem. I knew I didn't want to have to pay a monthly fee for a limited amount of space and I knew I didn't want to delete old posts to free up space. Well, my sister and I were talking about my blogging issues a week or so ago and she mentioned that she resizes all of her pictures before posting them. I decided to try to figure out how to do that in my picture editing program.

And WAH-LAH! My problem is fixed. It does add an extra few steps to the process, but I'm really okay with that as long as I can still blog without paying a monthly fee.

So, the last post I did (besides my troubleshooting and Kiev, Ukraine Journal entries) was about the window I purchased that I had big plans for!

So I started out with this window, which I paid $5.00 for. I flipped the picture on its side because the window is supposed to be horizontal.

It was a shabby, old window that had seen better days. The glass was broken and it had obviously sat outside as one end was rotted.

But, that really didn't matter because I was able to get the glass out in *almost* one piece. I then took the window to my Dad's shop to see what he recommended for the side that was rotted. He gave me a specific tool to use to file the rotted parts off. After a good sanding, I primed the window with primer that was left over from painting my craft room and CJ's room.

I bought a can of Banner Red Krylon spray paint and painted the window frame and another smaller frame that just needed an upgrade.

I carefully measured and marked 7 spaces on the bottom side of the top and middle rails. I then drilled a tiny hole at each of the markings and twisted a hook in. I bought a set of ornaments that I strung on ribbon and hung them on the hooks.

And it ended up being a lovely piece of decor for the season! You can't tell very well in the picture, but the ornaments are very glittery so they sparkle when the light hits them.

I don't do much repurposing of furniture and decor that I have to sand and paint, but this project turned out so well that I may have to start doing it more!

So happy to be blogging again. I have a whole list of topics to post about!


April said...

What a great idea and it looks wonderful! Glad you figured out the picture thing. I haven't tried again yet.

Lauren said...

I love this so much :-) Great job!

I Believe in Miracles said...